I’ve just started blogging few weeks ago and it has been fun! I enjoy reading blogs of other people, and chatting and sharing thoughts with them. Most of all, I like what I am doing — sharing my thoughts/feelings with others and being expressive and creative in my own little ways. I was amused, shocked, happy and honored when one of my followers nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. First time!
My heart is full of gratitude! Thanks to J. Ramirez, http://jramirezauthor.wordpress.com/ who nominated me for this. Thanks J for your trust and encouragement that has really inspired me a lot. Thanks for the comments and likes as well. Maraming salamat! (Thank you very much)
I have to follow some rules governing this blog award. Those who will be nominated must also follow such rules.
Here they are:
First is to accept the award, post the picture of the Liebster Award on the top of post and say who nominated you for the award and list their blog site.
Rule number 1 is to list 11 random facts about me.
Rule number 2 is to nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and list their blogsites.
Rule number 3 is to notify the bloggers of their award.
Rule number 4 is to ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award.
Rule number 5 is you don’t talk about the Liebster Award.
Rule number 6 you realize I just made up rule number 5 and 6 to be funny and you hopefully get the reference and laugh.
Rule number 7 is I answer the questions left for me by the blogger who gave me the award. And now we move on to the Q&A fun time.
11 Random Facts about Lassy Me:
1. I am a native Filipina and I can say that I am really proud of my race.
2. I like cats. Because of this, my grandparents gave me a cat named McDo. He’s so cute and sweet!
3. I despise tattoos, illegal drugs and cigarettes. Major turn off!
4. I dream of becoming a renowned fashion designer someday. (Too far from writing eh)
5. I despise orange! Whenever I see someone wearing an orange attire or outfit, I am pissed off!
6. I am 20 something yet I am sometimes childish. My mom always tells me to stop acting like one.
7. I prefer sleeping, reading books or chatting than club hopping or having drinking sessions with others. I am not into those stuffs.
8. I like Harry Potter Series. I am certified Harry Potter fan. *giggles*
9. Christian Grey of Fifty Shades Series has recently made me like a teenager again. There was one time that I preferred reading the novel than talking to my dear boyfriend. (Haha, he does know that I am into Grey. He can’t blame me.)
10. I am moody. You won’t like it if I am like that. *sigh*
11. I like writing articles of different genres. Most of all, I love poetry writing!
The Questions I Was Asked:
1. What got you into writing/blogging?
My friend, Madeleine, encouraged me to share my talent in writing through WordPress. I have been writing for the past 7 years of my life and this hobby of mine has made me more creative and more expressive. Good thing, WordPress is there to help me express my thoughts and feelings. Hurray!
2. Have you ever felt you hit rock bottom?
Yes, I have felt that. When my grandmother died in May 2009, I was so upset and down that I even called life unfair! Backsliding. Depression. Frustrations. Sadness. Name them all! Well, we do have our own experiences of ups and downs. Good thing, those bittersweet have made me a stronger and better person.
- 3. Is there something you regret not doing in life?
I regret not being adventurous and too strong. I am such a vulnerable young lady. I have many fears that I want to overcome. Well, it’s not too late to start, right?
- 4. What is your favorite color?
I do like pink. When I wear pink clothes, I think I am beautiful and sexy! 🙂
- 5. What are some things that scare you?
I am scared of height, dog, snake and lightning.
6. Do you believe in a higher power such as God?
I am definitely a true believer of God, my Lord and my Savior.
7. Was there someone you looked up to growing up?
Yeah, I looked up to my grandfather who’s really strong despite those challenges that came along our way. He exerted too much effort to help us and raise us well. I love my Grandpa.
8. What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman?
Hmm, I hate tattoos! My biggest turn-off in a man. Not to mention the illegal drugs and other vices.
- 9. If you could visit any country in the world, what would it be?
Given an opportunity, I want to visit Italy. I want to learn its language, culture and tradition.
10. Do you prefer the city or suburb life?
I prefer suburban life which is more ideal to simple women like me. It’s more peaceful and stress-free.
- 11. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
I want to learn how to identify the note of any musical tone. I just love music but sadly, it doesn’t like me. Haha!
My Nominees: (These are the blogs that I enjoy reading and visiting. Please feel free to visit them as well!)
My Questions for my nominees:
1. What is the most memorable event in your life?
2. Why did you join WordPress?
3. What song soothes your soul?
4. Who’s your favorite teacher?
5. What makes you happy today?
6. Do you believe in God?
7. What certain experience in your life that made you think you’re a lesser person?
8. Do you always experience the so-called writer’s block. If so, what do you usually do?
9. Do you like classic literature? Why or why not?
10. Who inspires you a lot to be a writer?
11. If you’re to dedicate one poem to me, what will it be and why?
Happy blogging! Congratulations to us! 🙂
- The Liebster Award (barsetshirediaries.wordpress.com)
- I Got the Liebster Award! (media-ann-such.com)
- Liebster Blog Award 🙂 (adventuresinmereland.wordpress.com)
- Linking Hearts Liebster Award (sheilamariegrimes.com)
- Leapin’ Liebster! (lmarie7b.wordpress.com)
- Leaping for the Liebster Award! (mercyme40.wordpress.com)
- Awards: Yay! (ramanda429.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (catholicquestionsandanswers.wordpress.com)
- An Honor (iteachspeech.wordpress.com)