GERALD ROGERS’ TOP TIPS FOR MARRIAGE SUCCESS*
- Never stop courting. Never stop dating. Never ever take that woman for granted.
- Keep a special place in your heart where no one must enter except for your wife.
- Fall in love over and over and over again. You will constantly change. You’re not the same people you were when you got married.
- Always see the best in her. Focus only on what you love. If you focus on what bugs you, all you will see is reasons to be bugged.
- It’s not your job to change or fix her . . . your job is to love her as she is with no expectation of her ever changing.
- Take full accountability for your own emotions: it’s not your wife’s job to make you happy, and she can’t make you sad.
- Never blame your wife if you get frustrated or angry at her, it is only because it is triggering something inside of you. They are your emotions, and your responsibility.
- Be silly . . . don’t take yourself so damn seriously. Laugh. And make her laugh. Laughter makes everything else easier.
- Don’t be an idiot . . . And don’t be afraid of being one either. You will make mistakes and so will she.
- Don’t worry about money. Money is a game, find ways to work together as a team to win it.
* An edited version of Mr Rogers’ Facebook post
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2419351/Divorced-Gerald-Rogers-marriage-advice-gets-shared-125k-times.html#ixzz3eWoAz2Uy